Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Biggest Loser


People at work have decided it would be a good idea to get a weight loss challenge going at work. I was approached numerous times to see if I was interested in playing along.

HHMMM pay $5 to lose weight. Nah - I think not. No, $5 isn't a lof of money. No, I don't like the extra weight - but I do LIKE me. I know that losing a few pounds won't make me work better or make me happier so why suffer to be a few pounds lighter. I resolved a few months ago that I would eat better - which I have done - but I am not going to make myself miserable trying to win a few bucks. If only I would exercise a little more...that's what I really need. If $5 bucks me into a gym - I would be on it in a minute!

It's not that I don't need to lose weight - (I do which is why they all asked I am sure) but giving someone $5 to join a team to maybe win a few bucks....I think I may have better luck winning the lottery.

What did I tell them when they asked?

"Sorry - I plan on GAINING weight this term."

Hey everytime I work at losing weight I gain it. I figure if I plan on gaining it - maybe I will lose.

4 comments:

Kelscraggly said...

Like I said earlier today, for every pound they lose, you should gain one, and I bet at the end of the term, you'll be the same weight! ;-) OR we can Atkins-Beach-Watch this winter!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm sorry, love, but I can't believe how incredibly rude that is! If someone came up to me, and offered me to join something to help me lose weight, I would be insulted.

Chep said...

Carol

I am with ya there. The man who said it doesn't always THINK before he speaks so I figured I would let it slide. I'm just wondering if he asked all the "big" girls in the office to play along or just me!!

Kel

That Atkins-Beach - whatever diets sounds like work. I think I will just eat less and do more. OH and Brad wanted to know what happened to our walking. I blamed it on the snow! ;-)

fineartist said...

We used to speed walk the halls after school let out at the elementary where I taught prior. It was fun, we would rattle about our days and walk, it proved to be a huge stress reliever.

Hey, tell that guy that you have decided to have a manners challenge…and would he like to get in on it for ten bucks? The person who improves the most in terms of interacting with others gets the pot…heh.

I'm glad you like you honey, it is so important to have a good sense of self...and we like you too, just the way you are.