Monday, November 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
So far it's been a rough week.
There was an (almost) antique "Old Oaken Bucket" (IU/Purdue rivalry trophy) on Ebay that I wanted. A Purdue pharmasist out bid us....on our anniversary. BUT Mr. Chep got me flowes to cheer me up. :-)
My wrist has hurt since last week Thursday after hitting balls at the driving range.. I finally decided to have it looked at today. While in the doctor's office I was informed that there was an incident involving my car. Involving a 90 year old lady, an 85 Caprice and my car (pictured here). Guess who didn't win? Good thing was no one was injured. Not in this accident anyway.
Come to find out I will not be joining the PGA any time soon. It appears I may have cracked a bone in my wrist. The x-rays are being sent out for a second opinion but he's pretty sure it's cracked.
I'm grateful no one was hurt in this little incident. I did my best to reassure the little old lady that it was OK - and all that mattered was she was OK (her son-in-law was giving her enough grief).
Hope everyone else is doing OK!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Sunday, March 18, 2007
2. What was your dream growing up? To have large breasts. Be careful what you dream/wish for.
3. What talent do you wish you had? Sewing.
4. Favorite place? Nestor Falls, ON Canada.
5. Favorite vegetable? Iowa Sweet corn (sorry Ange - I have been converted.)
6. What was the last book you read? Let's Go to New York City (On a budget)
7. What zodiac sign are you? Gemini.
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Ears pierced - tattoos...no. Dad told me I would go to hell if I defaced my body. Now I'm just freaked out by germs and needles.
9. Worst Habit? I have to agree - I talk while I pee - but if you ask Mr. Chep my worst habit he would say leaving my shoes out. Drives him NUTS!
10. Do you personally know anybody on Blog? Writermother, Kelscraggly and Mile High Hoosier. I have met some way cool people though along the way...although I don't get around the country like Ange to visit them! :-)
11. What is your favorite sport? To watch: college basketball (March Madness baby!) To play: Beer Pong.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Optimistic. For the most part.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator lift with someone of the opposite sex? If it was anyone other that my husband probaby freak out. I hate elevators.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? It can't be as bad as half the people in the world have it - so not worth mentioning.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: I have a folded earlobe.
16. Do you have any pets? One dog. She's spoiled rotten. Ask anyone.
17. Do you know how to do the macarena? Yes - and it was banned at our wedding reception because we both hate it.
18. Is the sun shining where you are now? Indeed it is.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Clowns freak me out.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I would reduce the amount of hair on my arms (no shaving or waxing is NOT an option)
21. Would you be my good angel or bad angel? I am too chunky to sit on people's shoulders.
22. What color eyes do you have?Blue.
23. Ever been arrested? No I left B-ton during the 500 to avoid jail.
24. Bottle or Draft? FREE. That's how I prefer to drink it.
25. If you won £10,000 today, what would you do with it? First I would convert into US dollars to make $3000 and then put a down payment on a house.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Whatever is handy and keeps flavor for more than 3 minutes.
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at? Yeah - I concur with WM - no bars. Unless you count hanging towels.
28. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes. They lived in the basement of both houses in Hobart. None of my dogs would go in the basements.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spare time? Clean I suppose. I guess I wouldn't call that spare eh?
30. Do you swear a lot? Yes - and I work hard to keep it under control at work. Caca is a favorite.
31. Biggest pet peeve? Spotted mirrors.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Fun.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
March Madness. If I wasn't already working non-stop 8am-6pm I might be wrapped up at work.
Good thing it's been a fun project. I have been able to play with my artistic ability - and I created a video to submit for our quarterly Inspired teaching contest. I think I wowed them with my skills. I have to admit. It was fun.
We found out a week ago that Mr. Chep is being sent to NYC for training...and he's taking me with! WOW! I am thrilled! I have been trying to figure out our itinerary since we will only have one DAY in Manhattan - so we need to decide what we can only see during the day. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Hope you are all well!
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Sounds warm no? How about inside your home?
Eastern Iowa was hit was a NASTY ice storm that knocked out power at our home for 23 hrs. When we were pretty sure that we were going to lose power we decided to crank up the heat in the house to 75 degrees. 23 hrs later we were down to 51 degrees.
Hope everyone else is warm and toasty!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Yesterday Mr. Chep and I went down to the roller damn to ring in the official arrival of winter.
When the rivers and lakes up north freeze over, hundreds of eagles move "south" to feed and play in the unfrozen waters of Iowa. More specifically - the roller damn in Cedar Rapids.
OK...so most of the Iowa waters aren't unfrozen....in fact it's been below zero for most of the week. This makes it easy to find the majestic birds.
It's a sight to see....all these beautiful birds of prey diving into the water for food. We have been before as have most people in the area I am sure, but every trip to the river during these winter months is a reminder that despite the cold, nature has a way of working through the tough times.
Hopefully people work the same way.
Monday, February 05, 2007
I have many things on my mind....it's just a matter of getting it out on paper. So let's start with this one.....
Five things I can do because I am not a size 2: *Same disclaimer as WM....no offense to the size 2's - but I was never a size 2 (I think I skipped that size)
Change out a toilet without assistance:
When I worked for the parks department we had 3 rental properties that we also managed. In the 6 years that I worked for LCPRD I changed out 3 toilets. Yes - I can move a toilet by myself. Scared?
Empty a FULL 55 gallon garbage can in a dumpster that stood over 5 feet tall (I'm 5'3")
Nothing like lifting a trash can and thinking "What the hell is in this thing?" Empty half - set it back on the ground, look inside and find a pig head staring back at me. Didn't even freak out.
I married a man who is 6'5" and 220+ he's the first man to make me feel 'petite'.
Boys in high school were afraid I would kick their ass. I probably would have. I probably would have been able to kick my husband's ass in high school. It's rough being tough. Right WM?
I can change my own tire.
I have been able to change tires since I was about 20. Removing the lug nuts with a tire iron and then throwing the tire in the back of a 1-ton pick up truck was a daily task for me back when I worked for the park. This reminds me that my sister still tells her friends about the time I had to fix my truck. Bought the book, did the troubleshooting and fixed it on my own. NO man - NO help. All me (and the book). She was impressed. I believe all it proves is I can read and follow directions!
I have dropped, cut to size, split and stacked at least 10 trees (I have cut and split more than I have dropped)
Cords and cords of wood. Man did I hate wood. Now...it sounds like a nice break from my job. What I wouldn't give for a little quite time out behind the maintenance barn with my chaps and a chainsaw....ahhhhh....
So there it is.
Five things you don't know about me............
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
You're invited to a Baby Shower!!!
For: Sarah (see beautiful Mommy above)
On: Saturday, February 3rd, 2007
At: 12:30 pm., Tucson, Arizona time.
To attend, please:
1) Create a gmail account if you don’t already have one.
2) Send your gmail address to Ron at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) On Saturday, log on to gmail chat and Ron will invite you to our new blog pals chat room. If you have any questions on how this works, email Ron.
Don’t know what time it is in Arizona? Try this link: Time Zone Converter and look for America/Phoenix.
Sarah and Baby are registered HERE: