It started back in NWIN when I worked for the parks department. I had moved into the on site apartment a few months prior - and my best friend from high school "Fucko" (you may have read about him in Kelscraggly's post "Take The Good Things From Every Relationship") had just gotten divorced and needed a place to stay - he moved the night before.
Being young - in a crappy apartment that was not my own - we decided to throw a party. All we needed now was guests.
Fucko called his friend in Indianapolis, I called our friends H & M and since my sister (K) was home from BSU for Christmas break I called her. She said she would think about it and let me know later. (She's a social butterfly - she had options unlike my created one!)
According to Mr. Chep - K called him up and asked him if he wanted to go to a bar. Mr. Chep (being the honest and logical person that he is) said:
- Mr. C: I can't K - you know I'm not 21 until May
- K: But I know the bouncer I can get us in!
- Mr. C: I don't want to take that chance - you have any other ideas?
- K: My sister is having a party at her new apartment.
- Mr. C: That sounds like fun - I'll even drive.
- K: OK
The next morning it was all gone (minus the cube tray full of jello shots made sometime during the night)
The events of the night are fuzzy. Even to this day. There are a few things I DO remember.
- My sister asked everyone "Are you a cop?" (Wee bit paranoid I'd say)
- I dumped Jell-o shots down Mr. Chep's back onto his favorite Hard Rock t-shirt (he still has it)
- Mr. Chep and I discussed me coming down to West Lafayette to visit Wolf Park when it got nice.
- I gave Mr. Chep my number and e-mail that night.
- I vaguely recall kissing Mr. Chep at midnight.
The rest is still fuzzy. We all woke up and felt the after effects of the beer. (I had one bathroom - Green Apple candles will never smell the same again)
A, Mr. Chep, K, Mrs. Chep, Mimi & Heath - not the best photo - but fun to share!
**If you look closely we had a 27" TV on top of a retro 25" console TV. NOPE not a redneck - the console actuallty worked!**
Then we all went and had pancakes.
What happens next you ask? Tune in - it will follow the actual timeline - so look for the next installment sometime later this month!
Have a Happy New Year!